Date of birth: Budapest, 06/12/1962.
• 1973-1979 Preparatory School for Exeptional Young Talents of the Ferenc Liszt Academy of Music, Budapest, with Prof. György Nádor.
• 1979-1985 Ferenc Liszt Academy of Music, Budapest, piano with Prof. György Nádor, Chamber music with Prof. Ferenc Rados.
• 1985-1986 Philadelphia Curtis Institute of Music with Prof. Jorge Bolet - Scholarship of the Van Cliburn Foundation.
• 1983 and 1984 One-month Masterclass with Madame Yvonne Lefébure in the Juillet Musical of Saint Germain-en-Laye, with the scholarship of the French Government.
Professional experience as soloist:
• Laureat of the following international piano competitions (1981-1986):
Barcelona Maria Canals, Athens Maria Callas, London Terence Judd, Montreal, Fort Worth Van Cliburn, Tel Aviv Rubinstein;
• 1986: Liszt Competition in Budapest, Top Prize
• 1986: The Cziffra Foundation's grant holder in France
Recitals, chamber music performances and orchestra engagements:
Invitations by major orchestras in several countries to play as soloist:
Manchester Hallé, London Philharmonia, English Chamber Orchestra, Istambul Chamber Orchestra, New-Zealand Symphony, Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela, Berlin Radio Orchestra, Budapest Festival Orchestra, Montreal Symphonic Orchestra, and Israel Symphonic Orchestra.
Worked with numerous conductors and solists, among them
Youri Bashmet, Jean Efflam Bavouzet, Sir Andrew Davis, Barbara Hendricks, Zoltán Kocsis, Kobayashi Ken-Ichiro, Sergei Nakariakov, Miklós Perényi, Mstislav Rostropovitch, Vladimir Spivakov, Tamás Vásáry as well as the Auer, Keller, Takács, and Tokyo Quartets.
2003 United States of America tour as a soloist with the Hungarian National Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by Zoltan Kocsis and Zsolt Hamar, in15 states
Numerous concerts in more than thirty countries and in prestigious concert halls:
the Schauspielhaus and the Reichstag in Berlin, the Beethovenhalle in Bonn, the Wigmore Hall and the Royal Festival Hall in London, the Lisinski Hall in Zagreb, the Théâtre Maisonneuve in Montreal, the Kanagawa Hall in Yokohama, Taipei National Concert Hall, Quatar Opera House, the Opera House of Mexico-City, the Auditorium of the Louvre, the "Salle Gaveau", the "Théâtre de la Ville" or the "Théâtre des Champs Élysées" in Paris.
Participation at prestigious festivals in Europe, in North- and South-America, in Asia and North Africa as well as at the "Festival de Musique en Mer sur le Mermoz".
Labels: Hungaroton, Timpani, REM, Agon, Philips, Hänssler
Recordings of Liszt and Bartók (1990-2007) are highly acclaimed by the international professional press.
Contribution to the soundtrack of the film about Brahms entitled " Wären nicht die Frauen " (directed by János Darvas) with Daniel Barenboïm, Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, Zoltán Kocsis, Itzhak Perlman.
Professional experience as professor of piano:
1990-1996 Européen Conservatoire de Musique de Paris
1990-2008 private students from Hungary, France, China and Japan
2009 Two weeks masterclass in Taiwan,
2012 Masterclass in Sarbrücken Hochschule für Musik
2013-14-15 Masterclass in Hungary,( Szeged, Debrecen, Miskolc)
Member of Jury at International Piano Competions:
• 1996 Liszt International Piano Competition, Parma
• 2006 Chopin International Piano Competition, Budapest
• 2008 Liszt International Piano Competition, Utrecht
• 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. 2014. 2015 Ile de France International Piano Competition
• 2011 Budapest and Weimar Liszt International Piano Competitions
• 2016 Budapest Liszt I Liszt International Piano Competition
Artistic Adviser of the French Liszt Society
Marital status: Married (Zsuzsanna Thullner), two children ((Júlia, (2005), Anna (2006))